World Cup Goals
June 13, 2010
Watching the US play in the World Cup got me thinking about goals. Not just the ball in the back of the net goals, but also financial goals that we set for ourselves.
One goal of mine is to attend the World Cup at some point in my life. I grew up playing soccer; I really love the sport and in my high school years spent a lot of my free time playing the game. I lived in Germany at the time so not only did I get to play on and against some German teams I also was also immersed in the German passion for the game. I can only imagine that being at the World Cup, where so many passionate and devoted fans from around the globe gather to watch the best in the world play soccer, would be an amazing experience.
Of course the plane ticket, game tickets, hotels, food, and vacation time would all add up for a pretty hefty price tag for a trip like that. Given the current financial constraints of our family spending all that money would certainly hurt our progress towards other family goals.
Of course not everyone wants to go to the World Cup but I imagine we all have something similar that we’d love to do that carries a big price tag. What’s your “World Cup” type goal and how do you prioritize it against all your other goals?
In addition to that question, I’ll also leave you with a round up of some interesting personal finance articles from the last week:
- How To Appeal Health Insurance Claim Denials @ My Money Blog
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need? @ Generation X Finance
- Conflict of Interest in Life Insurance Advice @ Clarifinancial
- What is a Term Life Insurance Policy? @ Good Financial Cents
- What is a Health Savings Account? @ Free From Broke
- Is Goldline A Scam? @ Bargaineering
- How to Buy Mutual Funds @ Fiscal Geek
- How to Profit from the Falling Dollar @ Online Investing AI
- Everything You Need to Know About Buying I Bonds @ My Dollar Plan
- 5 Ways to Calm Your Fears Investing in the Stock Market @ No Debt Plan
- The Quest For a Balanced Life @ Consumerism Commentary
- Work-life balance is a false choice @ Brip Blap
- Best Companies to Work for in the US @ My Two Dollars
- Jobs & Private School Degrees @ Financial Samurai
- Frugality Can Lead to Happiness @ Canadian Finance Blog
- Should The U.S. Banking Industry Be Regulated? @ The Digerati Life
- Are CDs from Troubled Banks Worth The Trouble? @ Suns Financial Diary
- The Importance of Paying Attention to Financial Statements @ Million Dollar Journey
- Ten Most Expensive Homes in the World @ Dough Roller
- Government Backed Loans and First Time Homebuyers @ Frugal Dad
- Tax policy and the American homeownership dream @ Don’t Mess With Taxes
- How to Hire a Financial Planner @ Cash Money Life
- Seven Mistakes in Hiring a Financial Planner @ Free Money Finance
- Who Really Needs a Financial Advisor @ Moolanomy
Last updated by.
All posts by Ben Edwards