What’s in Your Wallet?
November 7, 2010
You probably already know most of the things in my wallet but there are two things that you might find most interesting. I’ll start off with the stuff you know because I’ve written about it before.
I don’t keep all my credit cards in my wallet, just the Blue Cash and Chase Freedom cards because those are the ones I use the most. I’ve written see ID on the back of both cards instead of signing them so having my driver’s license is also a must. Obviously there’s my Costco membership card, alongside our health insurance and USAA card.
The first thing that you might not know about are all the receipts in my wallet. If you’ve ever seen the Seinfeld episode where George has the wallet overflowing with receipts, that used to be me. It’s not quite as full as it used to be, I’ve tried to do a better job of keeping it under control, but ever since I’ve owned a wallet I’ve been in the habit of saving every single receipt.
When we were moving I actually found some envelopes in the basement that had credit card receipts from over ten years ago, it was like a trip down memory lane reading through the places I’d spent money. I still save most of the receipts but now they go in a folder instead of my wallet.
The other thing you might notice about my wallet is that it has no cash in it. On occasion a few one dollar bills will sneak in but typically I don’t have a dime in my wallet. I hardly ever go to the bank or the ATM; I just put everything on our credit cards. Of course when I run into a place that doesn’t accept credit cards it makes things a little difficult but if I’m ever robbed at least I won’t be out any money.
What’s in Your Wallet?
A few weeks ago the Money Writers shared what was in their wallets. Since these last two weeks have been insanely busy for me thanks to an anonymous hacker and my new business coach, I didn’t have time to participate. So now you know what’s in my wallet, here’s what they shared:
- What’s In My Wallet? @ Generation X Finance
- What’s in Lazy Man’s Wallet? @ Lazy Man & Money
- What’s in My Wallet? @ Suns Financial Diary
- What’s in My Wallet? @ My Dollar Plan
- What’s in my wallet @ Brip Blap
- Ask the Readers: What’s in Your Wallet? @ Million Dollar Journey
- What’s In Your Wallet? @ Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
So now you’e peeked inside all our wallets, what’s in yours?
Money Around the Web
In addition to the wallet posts, here are some of the other personal finance articles from around the web that caught my eye:
– The Secret to Replacing Your Income @ Frugal Dad
– Top 5 Movies About Money @ Sweating The Big Stuff
– Maps.com Discount Coupon Code @ Promo Code Center
– The Financial Price Of Being A Stay At Home Mom @ Money Ning
– How To Make A Large Personalized Piggy Bank With Your Children @ The Money Crashers
– Resume Writing Tips @ Saving Money Today
– If You Can Earn $5, You Can Change Your Life @ PT Money
– Are You Making These Job Hunting Mistakes? @ Moneyed Up
– 8 Personal Finance Management Tips for the Unemployed @ Free Money Finance
– How to Pass the CPA Exam and Become a Certified Public Accountant @ Good Financial Cents
Also, thanks to these sites for including our posts in personal finance roundups:
- Health Savings Account Guide in Carnival of financial planning
- Stock Analysis Ratios in Festival of stocks
- Carnival of Personal Finance
All posts by Ben Edwards