Strategic Planning Edition – Personal Finance Review
July 21, 2008
I spent part of the weekend doing some much needed strategic planning for this site, our finances, my career, and life in general.
Personal Strategic Planning
Sometimes I have a tendency to get so entangled in the details of everyday life that I lose sight of the big picture. In an effort to be a little more strategic in my decision making I setup some free mind mapping software on our computer (Free Mind) and bought a big erasable white board.
The nice thing about mind mapping is that it allows me to visualize my jumbled mess of thoughts and organize them graphically. The white board allows me to think out loud as well as document my plans and priorities as constant reminders to myself.
As you’re probably aware, the writer auditions are underway. Later on today you’ll get a review of the online payment service, Pay Pal, and during the rest of the week the writers will cover various investment strategies. Don’t forget, you can win $50 cash simply by offering your feedback on the writers.
Money Articles Review
Here are some recent personal finance posts I got something out of from The Money Writers last week.
– 12 Tips to Prepare Your Finances for Vacation @ My Dollar Plan
– Free Credit Scores from Credit Karma @ Lazy Man & Money
– work-life balance is a false choice @ Brip Blap
– WaMu Free Checking: High APY of 3.3% @ The Digerati Life
– A Simple Low Cost Diversified ETF Portfolio @ Million Dollar Journey
– EverBank Offers Better Rates: 4.76% Intro APY @ Suns Financial Diary
– Risk Tolerance in a Bear Market @ Gen X Finance
Here are some of the highlights from the Money Blog Network:
– Single step personal finance challenge @ Mighty Bargain Hunter
– GnuCash: Free Software for Balancing Your Checkbook @ Consumerism Commentary
– Stupid Money Moves @ Free Money Finance
– Having A Plan Allows Me To Enjoy Spending Money @ No Credit Needed
– How and Why to Freeze Your Credit @ Five Cent Nickel
Around the Blogosphere
Both Jim and Trent offer some financial advice for couples. Blueprint for Financial Prosperity has Dr. Bonnie Answers Coupled Finances Questions and Trent shares How My Wife and I Got on the Same Financial Page at The Simple Dollar.
- Stock Market Investing 101 – How Can Stocks Make You Money?
- Blockbuster Total Access Free Trial
- Saving 15 Cents a Gallon on Gas – Doubling Our Savings at the Pump
All posts by Ben Edwards