Merry Christmas 2009!
December 25, 2009
When I look back on all the Christmas’s in my life this one will probably be the best!
Christmas time in years past was always a stressful time for me because it was the busiest time of year for my job.Ã‚Â Mixing in the stress of work with trying to coordinate the holidays with our families many times left me, unfortunately, dreading the holiday season.
Finally, a Merry Christmas!
So what’s different about this year? Thankfully we’re finally in sync with my family and my wife’s family schedules so planning Thanksgiving and Christmas visits is much easier.Ã‚Â Plus the company I work for now doesn’t have crunch time in December and January so I actually get to take some vacation days without causing 80 hour work weeks preceding and following the Christmas break.
Kids & Christmas
Probably best of all is that our son has reached the special age when Christmas is a magical time and is excitedly soaking it all in with his big innocent eyes.Ã‚Â His enthusiasm and anticipation are delightful and infectious, making us very happy parents! I hope your holidays are as enjoyable as ours this year and you’re able to spend time with the people you love.
I know you’re probably busy with family and celebrations this weekend but if you have a spare minute or two here are some good personal finance articles:
Investing & Retirement
- Rules To Build A Basic Stock Portfolio @ The Digerati Life
- Robert Kiyosaki is Off his Rocker (Again) Is The 401(k) Really the Biggest Scam Ever? @ Generation X Finance
- Using a Solo 401(k) to Facilitate Roth IRA Conversions @ Five Cent Nickel
- Traditional IRA or Roth IRA for Young Investors? @ Cash Money Life
- Debt Crisis in America & JCR Advertising are Evil @ Lazy Man & Money
- Life After Debt: Is It Easier On The Other Side? @ Frugal Dad
- Your Flexible Spending Account: 10 Qualifying Purchases @ Consumerism Commentary
- My Up Close Look at Health Care @ Brip Blap
- Getting the Most Out of Your Health Insurance Before 2010 @ Moolanomy
- Is Frugality a Necessary Evil? @ Get Rich Slowly
- Breaking Down the Numbers on Why Frugality Works @ The Simple Dollar
- Do Young Entrepreneurs Need To Go To College? @ Erica Biz
- Your Take: Default on Underwater Mortgages? @ Bargaineering
- 6 Mistakes of New Earners and How to Fix Them @ My Dollar Plan
- Financial Pet Peeves @ Million Dollar Journey
- How to Get Consumer Reports Online Access for Free @ Free Money Finance
- 7 Things that Make Good Financial Cents for Managing Your Finances @ Good Financial Cents
- What’s your biggest financial fear? @ Budgets Are Sexy
All posts by Ben Edwards