Lost Wedding Ring Blues
January 6, 2010
My wife lost her wedding ring recently and we’re pretty bummed out about it. I can still remember sitting outside the jewelry store where we bought our rings, picking out the inscriptions.
We sat on separate benches outside the store pondering what words would best epitomize our relationship and marriage. Turns out we were pretty much on the same wave length. We didn’t tell each other what the inscriptions would be, we found out on our wedding day when we swapped rings.
She didn’t know what hers said at first because I’d used a German phrase. However, when I translated it for her she smiled because it was pretty much the same thing as the English version that she’d had inscribed in my ring.
Sadly, we’ll probably never see her ring again but what’s most important to me is what it symbolizes and that the words inside our rings still apply to our marriage.
If you’re feeling a little down like we are, here are a few things to read to take your mind off your bad day.
- Life Without Cable TV: Week One @ Consumerism Commentary
- How I Cut my Comcast Cable Bill by 33% (Without Losing Any Service) @ Get Rich Slowly
- Five hidden ways to find extra money – even when money is tight @ Mighty Bargain Hunter
- Bargaining Chips: Broadband Internet for $19.99/Month @ My Money Blog
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Kids – Extracurricular Activities @ Moolanomy
- Cut Your Grocery Bill With A Cookbook And Some Real Food. @ My Two Dollars
Taxes & Charitable Deductions
- Charitable Contributions: Deciding Where to Give @ Million Dollar Journey
- Your Take: Favorite Year End Deduction? @ Bargaineering
- Four Quick and Easy Ways Not to Blow Your Budget during the Holidays @ Suns Financial Diary
- Free In-Flight Internet for the Holidays @ Five Cent Nickel
- 9 Ways to Save Money this Holiday Season @ My Dollar Plan
- Last Minute Gifts For The Frugals On Your List @ Frugal Dad
- 5 Suggestions for Smart Giving this Holiday Season @ Money Ning
Investing & Retirement
- Investing without Goals Is Like Golfing without a Putter @ The Simple Dollar
- Warning! The 80% Rule May Not be Enough to Retire @ Good Financial Cents
- Life Insurance Reality Check – Do you have enough? @ Free Money Finance
- never underestimate the influence of a teacher @ Brip Blap
- 6 Advantages of Renting Instead of Buying Your Home @ Cash Money Life
- Top 10 Sneakiest Business Tricks @ Lazy Man & Money
All posts by Ben Edwards