Good Financial Cents
October 17, 2009
Each week I’m going to share with you a personal finance site that I enjoy. I started this a while back with Moolanomy, Gather Little by Little, and Being Frugal but got a little sidetracked when our daughter was born.
Good Financial Cents
This week I recommend checking out Good Financial Cents written by Jeff Rose. He’s one of the financial advisor websites with blogs I highlighted a while back. Jeff’s a certified financial planner at Alliance Investment Planning who shares some of his insights about money on his blog.
I like Jeff’s site not only because he’s a practicing financial professional who knows his stuff but also because I agree with the philosophy that a big part of being successful with your money is simply using common sense. For example, his recent post about why you should keep contributing to your 401(k) even when you feel like you’re throwing away money.
Jeff served 9 years with the U.S. National Guard, during which time he supported Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was during his downtime in Iraq that he earned the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor designation. Jeff is a certified financial planner and also holds a B.S in Finance and a minor in Accounting from SIU-Carbondale.
- Company is Going Bankrupt, What About My Pension?
- What is a Life Insurance trust?
- Don’t Forget These Last Minute Tax Breaks for 2009
Here are a number of other posts from around the personal finance web:
- Learn About Your Benefits During Open Enrollment @ Generation X Finance
- Salary Negotiation – How to Win @ Five Cent Nickel
- how to avoid work while on vacation @ Brip Blap
- When One Partner Is Self-Employed @ The Simple Dollar
- How Networking in Your Office Can Help Your Career @ Free Money Finance
- Best Places To Start A Business. @ My Two Dollars
- Five Steps to Six Figures in Seven Years @ Get Rich Slowly
- Ten Things to Do With $1,000 Right Now @ Consumerism Commentary
- Lending Club Credit Rating and Collection Process @ Suns Financial Diary
- Get 401(k) Rollover Checks Mailed Directly to IRA @ Bargaineering
- Solo 401k Versus SEP-IRA @ My Dollar Plan
- How Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Works @ Million Dollar Journey
Household & Family
- Don’t Let the Children Dictate Your Finances! @ Frugal Dad
- Should parents or students borrow to pay for college? @ Good Financial Cents
- Fall Cleaning For You and Your Financials! @ Moolanomy
- Saving Money on Your Household Bills @ Money Ning
- When is the right age to open a bank account for your kids? @ Mighty Bargain Hunter
- Haggle To Lower Your Direct TV Satellite Bill @ My Money Blog
- Home Equity Loan vs. Home Equity Line of Credit @ Budgets Are Sexy
- Loan Modification Companies vs The Fair Housing Authority @ The Digerati Life
- How A Silly Little Experiment Helped Me Get Out Of Debt @ No Credit Needed
- How Do All Those Idiots Make So Much Money? @ Erica Biz
- What Should I do About Increased Credit Card Interest Rates? @ Cash Money Life
- Are You Prepared for the Worst? @ Being Frugal
- Price-Placebo Effect: Are You a Victim, Too? @ Lazy Man & Money
Thanks to the following sites for highlighting Money Smart Life articles:
Last updated by.
All posts by Ben Edwards