FNBO Direct Rated Best Online Savings Account
December 13, 2008
FNBO Direct was named the best online savings account this year by Kiplinger magazine. FNBO Direct was only created two years ago but in time that it’s become one of the top options for a hield yield savings account online.
FDIC Insured Bank
Of course, it’s parent company, First National Bank of Omaha, has been around for 150 years and the money you deposit with FNBO Direct is FDIC insured, which are some of the reasons that Bankrate gave FNBO Direct four stars in it’s Safe and Sound rating, the highest for an online savings account.
Best Online Savings Account
Here are some of the reasons that Kiplinger named FNBO Direct as the best online savings account:
- No minimum balance requirements - Only $1 to open an account
- No bank maintenance fees
- Ability to link FNBO Direct account with up to 3 other bank accounts
- FNBO Direct offers an interest bearing online bill pay account
- Easy access to funds with electronic tranfsers and ATM card
Reader Bank Review
A reader recently wrote in comparing FNBO Direct vs ING Direct and gave FNBO Direct high marks for their customer service and high yield interest rate. One useful thing that FNBO Direct does is send out periodic emails with tips about using your account, here is an example of an email they sent out describing how to transfer money between banks.
FNBO Direct Review
I tend to agree with the reader’s findings, that the interest rate and customer service do help make FNBO Direct one of best online savings accounts, you can read more in my FNBO Direct review.
Last updated by.
All posts by Ben Edwards
- FNBO Direct vs ING Direct – Reader Compares Online Savings Accounts
- FNBO Direct Online Savings Account Good for the Environment?
- FNBO Direct Online Savings Account – Another Option for a High Yield Savings Bank Account
- Best Online Savings Accounts
- FNBO Direct Online Savings Account Review – High Yield, Secure, & Good Service