Best Ways to Save on Prescription Drug Costs
January 2, 2009
Health care costs are a growing concern for all consumers in the US. It’s not just the elderly living on fixed incomes whose lives are affected by high drug costs.
Everyone scraping to save for retirement has this concern somewhere in the back of their mind. One of the reasons we’re all encouraged to save so much for retirement is that the costs of living as you get older keep increasing as health care costs shoot up.
Doc Gurley, an internal medicine specialist and health care blogger, recently shared 10 ways to help cut your drug costs. Below is a summary of the 10 suggestions, check out her article for the details.
- Ask Your Doctor for the Cheapest Drug
- Price Shop Around Different Pharmacies on the Phone
- Split Pills (If Your Doctor Approves)
- Buy Generic Drugs
- Read 13 Ways to Save On Prescriptions
- Ask About Shorter Duration of Prescription
- Beware Free Samples for Chronic Conditions
- Double Check Expiration Dates
- Focus on Prevention
- Ask Doctor Before Stopping Your Prescription
Last updated by.
All posts by Ben Edwards