Being Frugal at Christmas Time – Lynnae’s Christmas Tips
December 7, 2008
Saving money over the holidays isn’t easy but it’s certainly possible. Here are some Christmas savings tips from Lynnae at Being Frugal:
Being Frugal is obviously all about saving money. The site is authored by Lynnae, here’s a brief bio from her site:
“I’ve been married for 12 years and have two children, a daughter and a son. I started racking up debt in college, when I applied for my first credit card on campus the first week of school. My husband and I added to my debt after we got married. We’ve finally woken up and decided it’s time to get out of debt for good.”
Money Site Spotlight
This spotlight on Being Frugal is something I’m going to try out for a while, featuring different personal finance sites that I find valuable. We’ll see how it goes, let me know what you think.
Lynnae’s mobile site reminded me that I setup Money Smart Life mobile a while back and hadn’t mentioned it yet to everyone. If you commute and have internet service on your mobile device you can read the mobile version of Money Smart Life at http://moneysmartlife.mobi. It’s the same content, just formatted in a way that makes it readable on your cell phone.
I set it up after running the series on mobile banking and finances a while back and just for fun I created a mobile money site that’s intended just for mobile users. There’s not much out there right now, I just wanted to learn how to setup a mobile web site.
Here are some of the money topics I found useful from the Money Writers this week:
- Got Laid Off? What To Do When You Lose Your Job @ Digerati Life
- Prepare for an Increase in Mutual Fund Expense Ratios @ Gen X Finance
- Save Big Bucks on Ebay with Microsoft Live Search @ Lazy Man
- How Much Do You Want To Save Money This Holiday Season? @ Brip Blap
- Roth IRA Q & A @ My Dollar Plan
- What Have I Learned from this Bear Market? @ Million Dollar Journey
- Love Them or Hate Them, Make the Most of Gift Cards this Holiday Season @ Frugal Dad
- Use Amazon Subscribe to Save Money @ Suns Financial Diary
Here are some from the Money Blog Network
- 10 Steps To Escaping The Paycheck To Paycheck Cycle @ No Credit Needed
- How to Save Money on a Digital Photo Frame @ Free Money Finance
- Thirteen frugal tips for movie lovers @ Mighty Bargain Hunter
- 10 Essential Steps to Take BEFORE You’re Laid Off @ Get Rich Slowly
- Cash Experiment: Successful, Perhaps @ Consumerism Commentary
- Get 2% Deposited Into Your Schwab Investment Account @ All Financial Matters
Plus a few more articles:
- Obama’s 21st Century New Deal: An Economic Stimulus @ Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- Dilbert’s One-Page Guide to Everything Financial @ My Money Blog
- How Little Changes Can Add Up To Thousands Of Saved Dollars @ My Two Dollar
Last updated by.
All posts by Ben Edwards