Why You Hate Doing Your Taxes
March 30, 2012
As part of my TurboTax giveaway I asked you to comment on what part of doing your taxes was the most confusing or frustrating.
I was expecting to hear a lot of similar frustrations but you actually had a wide range of things that bugged you about doing your tax return. It does make sense, everyone’s personal finance situation is different so I can see why there’s such a range of frustrations.
Here’s the list of things that people struggle with when filing their tax returns:
- Investing & deductions
- Worry about missing tax deductions
- Kiddie Tax
- Itemizing for the first time
- Handling income from a side business
- Paying international taxes
- Missing out on tax credits
- Claiming income without a W-2
- Filing taxes for a married couple
- Staying organized
- Hiring a tax preparer
Thanks to everyone that participated, congrats to the winners Joe and Dawn! This is Dawn’s second year in a row winning the TurboTax giveaway so odds of winning are pretty good if you participate. Keep that in mind next giveaway!
All posts by Ben Edwards