QuickBooks Weekend Roundup
February 27, 2011
We had dinner this weekend with my good friend who prepares the taxes for my business. I probably should have been at home working on getting together my documents rather than hanging out since I’ve spent the rest of the weekend working on taxes.
Luckily, I use QuickBooks and it makes the task a lot easier. I looked back and about this time last year I wrote about QuickBooks accounting software and how I used in in my preparation. Unfortunately, there’s still one complaint I had from last year that’s not corrected, and a new one.
Chase still only lets you download 3 months of transaction history so I couldn’t import most of that data, I had to key it in manually. I’ve written good things about Chase credit cards but I don’t understand why they limit you to such a limited timeframe of downloads. My local bank online savings accounts, PayPal, American Express, Vanguard, and every other financial institution I use lets me go back much further than three months – so why can’t Chase?
I also hit a speed bump with PayPal. Although they let you search and download on any data you need, I couldn’t find a way to download PayPal transactions in format that QuickBooks could import. Which of course meant I had to manully enter all of those as well. Maybe I missed something but it was a real bummer. Anyhow, I’ve been cranking out the tax stuff so the list of money posts to check out is shorter this week, enjoy.
- There Is More To Risk Than Meets The Eye @ Generation X Finance
- How to Evaluate a Lending Club Loan @ Suns Financial Diary
- What Is Position Trading? @ The Digerati Life
- Yield Chasing as an Investment Strategy? @ Million Dollar Journey
- Focus @ Brip Blap
- Buying a Vacation/Retirement Home @ Lazy Man & Money
- How to Work Giving into Your Budget @ Frugal Dad
- Causes of Financial Stress @ Retire Happy
- Emotion as a Financial Driver @ Free Money Finance
- Financial Blogger Conference @ PT Money
- How Long to Keep Your Financial Documents @ Moolanomy
- How to Claim the Mortgage Insurance Tax Deduction @ My Dollar Plan
- Best Tax Breaks 2011 at Don’t Mess With Taxes
- Best Gym Membership Deals at My Personal Finance Journey
- Comparing Auto Insurance Quotes Online at Well Heeled
- Costo Membership Discounts at Clariity
- What are the Best Credit Cards for You? at Money Q&A
All posts by Ben Edwards